We welcome your support…
STAR works to end poverty in our community by educating and empowering adults with the foundational skills needed to thrive personally and professionally.
- Between 2000 and 2012, the number of people in Georgia living below the poverty line increased by 85% or by 849,513 people. (source: US Census Publication)
- According to US Census figures in 2010, Georgia’s poverty rate is the 3rd highest in the nation.
- The poverty rate for Glynn County is 16.8% which affects 1 in 3 children.
- The official poverty line for a household of three (one parent and two children) is $19,530. A person working full time at minimum wage makes only $14,645 annually which is 12% below poverty.
- Upon entrance to the STAR program, our participants’ average income is $4,922.
- Through education, encouragement and empowerment, our students HOPE. BELIEVE. GROW. SUCCEED in work and in life.
Donate by Regular Mail
STAR Foundation of Coastal Georgia Inc.
1907 Gloucester Street
Brunswick, GA 31520
- Gently used or new, professional clothing for job interviews (particularly women’s clothing)
- Gently used or new class uniforms, black pants and white tops
- Used computers
- Office supplies – copy paper, envelopes, stamps, pens and pencils
- Individual professional styling to help students one-on-one with work ready hair, makeup and accessories
- Individual career counseling
- Individual financial counseling such as helping students to understand credit reports, and how to consolidate debt
- Grant research